August 15, 2012

Day 3: Rose-breasted Grosbeak

Today's bird is a Rose-breasted Grosbeak. I just love the pop of red on this little guy! When it takes flight, you'll see that the red is under its wings too, which is quite an unexpected surprise. Not only does this birdie look pretty, it sounds beautiful too! They say that the rose-breasted grosbeak's song is like a Robin who has taken singing lessons. Haha! I would love to wake up everyday to the sound of them singing.

Oil Pastel on Paper
I'm not sure if you have noticed a pattern yet, but I am choosing birds for this series by color. The last two birds (Red-winged Blackbird and Northern Cardinal) both have a little bit of red and black, as does this grosbeak. Tomorrow's bird is a woodpecker -it has a little less red, but more black and white. What do you think it is? Leave a comment below or tell me here.

3 comments:

  1. This bird painting series is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. a very lovely series. I look forward to seeing them all. Such talent

    ReplyDelete